Tuesday, May 6, 2014

My Light & My Salvation


Every so often I acquire a new obsession. Most recently the new craze has been prints such as these (normally found on Etsy.) Since I became a firm believer in Christ my struggle to memorize scripture was really bothersome. After reading John 1:23-24,

"For if you listen to the word and don’t obey, it is like glancing at your face in a mirror. You see yourself, walk away, and forget what you look like."

I understood that studying the word AND applying it to my life was a must. In fact, it is what He has called us to do! but how was that possible if immediately my readings and studies were forgotten?

This print is from Naptime Diaries and today hangs up in my small bathroom. This Psalm stares at me every morning when our family is getting ready for the day ahead and every night when we prepare for our night time rest. Having gems such as these hanging all around our home is the perfect way to memorize the verses closest to my heart.

Till next time,

Alondra Karwowski


2 comments:

  1. I just got convicted of my lack in quiet time with God. I always fall into this circle -- I'm on fire from a retreat or 40 lent prayer, etc..then I fall into I dont have to so it mode. Do you have any tips and tricks with how you do QT/Bible study?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Prayer. Seriously, I tell God when I really really REALLY don't want to read His word or even pray. I pray for a passion and a longing for Him and I study and pray anyways. Because when you don't want to or when you don't feel like it is when you need to the most.

      Delete